Listed below are the contents of the TCNJ paycheck. This information contains details of each field on the paycheck.
PAY STATEMENT DESCRIPTIONS
- PAY PERIOD BEGIN DATE AND PAY PERIOD END DATE: Beginning and ending dates for the pay period. The College of New Jersey follows a biweekly pay schedule. Pay schedules are posted on the Payroll Office website.
- CHECK DATE: Date check issued.
- NAME: New employees should verify that your name on your pay statement matches your legal name on your Social Security card to ensure correct reporting of wages to Social Security Administration.
- PAY GRP: Information used to classify employees for payroll purposes.
- ADDRESS: Employees should verify that the address listed here is their current address.
- DEPT: The department where you are employed.
- LOC: Your office location.
- EMPL ID: Your six digit TCNJ employee identification number. Use this number when asking Payroll questions.
- NET PAY: Actual amount paid after taxes and deductions are withheld.
- TAX DATA: Federal and state withholding status, allowances, and additional amounts to be withheld each pay period.
- EARNINGS: Earnings paid by type, the amount and year-to-date amounts.
- TAXES: Federal and state tax amounts for the current pay period and year-to-date. See Tax Rates for Calendar Year 2010 for current tax rates and abbreviations.
- BEFORE TAX DEDUCTIONS: Current and year-to-date deductions. These are deductions withheld from your gross pay before taxes are applied. See deduction abbreviations
- AFTER TAX DEDUCTIONS: Current and year-to-date deductions after taxes have been withheld. See deduction abbreviations.
- LEAVE BALANCES: Accrued leave balances for sick, vacation, energy, administrative leave and paid leave bank. Note that employee groups have different leave benefits.
- PAYCHECK SUMMARY: Summary of current and year-to-date federal and state taxable wages, total taxes withheld, total deductions withheld and net pay.
- NET PAY DISTRIBUTION: Payment type- direct deposit or check, paycheck number, account type –checking or savings for direct deposit participants, and amount which is the net pay.