The College of New Jersey

Apply     Visit     Give     |     Alumni     Parents     Offices     TCNJ Today     

Payroll FAQ



How can I contact TCNJ’s Payroll Office?

Payroll questions should be directed to or 609-771-2087.  The Payroll Office is located in the Administrative Services Building, Room 102, and is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.  During the summer months, the Payroll Office will follow the College’s Energy Savings Program and will be closed as indicated on the schedule posted on the Payroll Office website.

What is an Employee Identification Number and where do I find it?

Your Employee Identification Number (Empl Id) is a unique number assigned to you when you are entered into the HR/Payroll system.  If you are a student employee, it is assigned in PAWS.

Your Employee Identification Number is located on the upper left hand side of your timesheet or on the upper left hand side of your paystub underneath your address.

What is YESS?

YESS is an acronym for Your Employee Self-Service.   The YESS system has been replaced by Oracle Cloud but is still available to view historic information related to pay stubs and W2s from the 2018 and 2019 tax years.  It is available 24/7.  YESS can be found by clicking here.

What payment methods does TCNJ offer for payroll payments?

Direct deposit is now mandated by the State of New Jersey.  Pursuant to this, new employees must enroll in direct deposit or choose the ADP Wisely Pay card (a refillable debit card). For more information regarding Wisely Pay click here.

Pay statements may be viewed through your ADP dashboard. See more information regarding ADP access here.

How do I enroll in Direct Deposit?

You can easily enroll in direct deposit through the Oracle Cloud system. Please review the direct deposit training guide here.

When am I paid?

Employees are paid biweekly while students and temporary/part-time employees are paid two weeks after the pay period ends.    Click on the link below for quick access to the most updated pay schedules.

Payroll Schedules 2021 – Updated 1/6

How can I obtain copies of my check stubs and pay advices?

For pay statements starting January 2020 and after:

Please log in to myADP here using your TCNJ user ID and password. NOTE: Pay statements and W-2s will be available on myADP for up to three years. You are encouraged to download these documents for safekeeping.

For more information about using myADP click here.

For pay statements prior to January 2020:

YESS allows employees to view and print a copy of their pay statements. This payroll information will remain on line so you can view and print copies of your pay statements at any time.

  • Sign into Your Employee Self Service
  • Select: View Paycheck under the Payroll and Compensation section.
  • Your last paycheck will appear.
  • To view previous pay statements, click on the link Paycheck Selection.
  • You will then see a listing of all previous checks in order beginning with the most recent. Just click on the pay period end date of the check that you wish to view.
  • To print a copy of the pay statement, go to the File in the toolbar and select Print. Choose the printer you wish to print to and select OK.
  • Note – Not all printers contain the same fonts and some may not format the Pay Statement onto one page.

My paycheck has been lost or stolen, what should I do?

Complete and sign the Request for Stop Payment Form located in the Payroll Office.  If the stop payment was successful, a duplicate check will be processed.  If the check has been cashed, a stop payment cannot be processed.  You will be notified by telephone or email the status of your stop payment request in 3 business days.  If you have completed a stop payment form and the original check is located, do not attempt to cash or deposit it.  Please return the original check to the Payroll Office.

How do I request a duplicate W-2 form?

For W-2s for tax year 2020 and thereafter:

Please log into myADP using your TCNJ user ID and password. NOTE: Pay statements and W-2s will be available on myADP for up to three years. You are encouraged to download these documents for safekeeping.

For W-2s for tax year 2019 and prior:

Complete the W-2 Reprint Request Form.

The form can be faxed to the Payroll Office at 609-637-5142.  The request will be processed within 3 business days.

How do I enroll in a credit union?

 You can enroll in the Credit Union of New Jersey or Andrews Credit Union via the following links:

How can I increase my credit union deduction?

For Andrews Credit Union Only-Complete an Authorization for Credit Union Deduction Card located in the Payroll Office.  The total amount you want to deduct from your paycheck should be listed on the form.  

For Credit Union of New Jersey – You may increase your deduction via the direct deposit module in the Oracle Cloud system.  Please refer to the direct deposit self-service training guide for additional assistance with adding or modifying your direct deposit allocations.

I have an issue with my time reported on my paystub.  Who do I contact?

Faculty and staff should contact the Human Resources Office at

How do I update my Federal Tax?

To view, add, change or edit your federal W-4 tax status, please log into the Oracle Cloud system.  Instructions for managing your tax withholding information is available through our ‘Self-Service’ website.

Please see important update for W-4 updates for 2020 and forward here.

How do I update my State Tax?

If you are a New Jersey or Pennsylvania resident, you can view, add, change, or edit your state withholding via the Oracle Cloud system.  Instructions are available through our ‘Self-Service‘ website.  To obtain a paper copy of the NJ-W4, click here.

If you are moving to Pennsylvania, complete the Employee’s Certificate of Non-Residence in New Jersey.  To obtain the PA Employee Certification of Non-Residence in NJ,  click here.

Paper forms, if applicable, must be returned to the Payroll Office.

We have transitioned to Oracle Cloud. All changes to direct deposit or tax withholding information must be submitted through the Cloud. Please view the ‘Self-Service’ tab for instructions.