The College of New Jersey Logo

Apply     Visit     Give     |     Alumni     Parents     Offices     TCNJ Today     Three Bar Menu

Student FAQs


How can I contact TCNJ’s Payroll Office?

Payroll questions should be directed to or 609-771-2087. The Payroll Office is located in the Administrative Services Building, Room 102, and is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. During the summer months, the Payroll Office will follow the College’s Energy Savings Program and will be closed as indicated on the schedule posted on the Payroll Office website.

What is an Employee Identification Number and where do I find it?

Student employees are assigned their employee identification (Empl id) number when they are entered into PAWS. Your Employee Identification Number (the same as your PAWS ID) is located on the upper left hand side of your timesheet or on the upper left hand side of your paystub underneath your address.

What payment methods does TCNJ offer for payroll payments?

The preferable method is direct deposit. New employees will receive a Wisely Card until they enroll in direct deposit. Pay statements may be viewed in ADP. Employees not enrolled in direct deposit will be issued a Wisely card.

How do I enroll in Direct Deposit?

You can conveniently enroll in direct deposit through the Cloud Payroll module.  Instructions for accessing the Cloud Payroll module and enrollment in direct deposit can be found at : TCNJ Human Resources .

When am I paid?

Student employees are paid biweekly.

How can I obtain copies of my check stubs and pay advices?

ADP allows employees to view and print a copy of their pay statements. This payroll information will remain on line so you can view and print copies of your pay statements at any time.  Please visit TCNJ’s ADP webpage for more information about what ADP offers and how to setup your account.

How do I request a duplicate W-2 form?

ADP is the College’s W-2 service provider.  You may access W-2s for the 2020 year forward by setting up an account with ADP.  W-2 forms for years 2018 and 2019 are available through the YESS portal.  If a W-2 is required for years prior to 2018, please Complete the W-2 Reprint Request form.

The form can be faxed to the Payroll Office at 609-637-5142. The request will be processed within 3 business days.

How many hours can I work per week?

Students can work up to 15 hours per week during the semester.  You can work up to 40 hours a week during semester breaks or during the summer. If you have more than one job your hours cannot exceed the amounts listed above for all jobs that you hold.

How do I update my Federal Tax?

To View, Add, Change or Edit Your Federal W-4 Tax Status, please sign into the Oracle Cloud Payroll system.  For self-service instructions, including a ‘how-to’ tutorial, please visit the Self-Service tab of the Payroll website.

How do I update my State Tax?

If you are a New Jersey resident, you must complete a NJ-W4 via the Oracle Cloud Payroll module.  For self-service instructions, including a ‘how-to’ tutorial, please visit the Self-Service tab of the Payroll website.

If you are moving to Pennsylvania, complete the Employee’s Certificate of Non-Residence in New Jersey. The PA Employee Certification of Non-Residence in NJ and return it to the Payroll Office.

We have transitioned to Oracle Cloud. All changes to direct deposit or tax withholding information must be submitted through the Cloud. Please view the ‘Self-Service’ tab for instructions.